Search This Blog

NB. This blog has my personal views and are not necessarily those of Wessec OC, capishe!

Tuesday 17 February 2015

Day Three

How many times do you have to try and go straight through the green bits before you realise that you will get hung up in nasty stuff? Four times in my case. Talk about not being able to learn on the job! The area was a bit of a surprise as I was expecting much more run ability, but in this game you have to adapt and today I didn't. 2 to 3 and the first block of green had me backtracking a couple of times then slowly finding a way through. By the time I realised I should have gone NW out of the control I had lost 2 mins. Second line of green cost me about 30 seconds then I lost the plot at the end of the leg and another 90 seconds gone. Got 8 ok but suspect going south around the green may have been quicker. Lost my line 8 to 9 and same 10 to 11. 11 to 12 would probably have been faster to go to the first drink station then SW through the white to the path then to the next crossroads and west down the track. 15 to 16 definitely should have come back out SW through the gap then west to the track. So probably six or seven minutes lost. BV the Finn had a perfect run and looks odds on for the win. I'm going to need a good run tomorrow to get close to a top five place.

No comments:

Post a Comment