Search This Blog

NB. This blog has my personal views and are not necessarily those of Wessec OC, capishe!

Saturday 7 February 2015

Mixed day

This mornings race at Cidral in amongst the rocks was a bit of a reality check. It's no good knowing what and how to do something if you don't concentrate on actually doing it!! Bit of a wobble to number one but nothing too serious, control 2 fine. Then three and I went to the boulder but failed to look at the description as to which side the control was, went away and came back to discover I must have been about a metre away from it in the first place, was so annoyed with myself that then made a 90 degree error leaving the control and really messed up 4 by loosing five minutes!! A total of 9 minutes lost on a race that took me 34 minutes. Embarrassing or what. Then this evenings night race in Idanha a Nova. First off and brain very much in gear. First place. I'm running faster in the night race than during the day so why am I making mistakes in the day race. Anyway it's back to the same area tomorrow for a rerun, only longer. Let's see if I can get it together. Nothing to play for except my pride.

No comments:

Post a Comment